Wednesday, October 30, 2013

If You Won't Celebrate It This Month, You're Not Alone

I don't even want to mention the name of the holiday that will be "celebrated" by many tomorrow. I am writing this particular post to Christian girly girls who may feel alone because you don't partake in this evil holiday but you know many Christians who do because they either turn a blind eye so that their their kids or they themselves don't have to feel left out of America's popular social holiday or they really just don't know the spiritual dangers of this holiday. I was on a business call today and a woman who I go to church with, who loves Jesus dearly and who hears the same preaching that I do about the evils of this holiday, said in front of about 60 people that her children will be dressing up tomorrow and that they're looking forward to the candy. Now why did she have to bring it up? She knows that many Christians don't celebrate it, but she said it anyway. She made me feel very alone but I know I'm not alone. Please don't think that I feel I'm better than her, she's actually much nicer and much more generous  than I am. But I do have an issue with being disloyal to Jesus so openly. We are reminded that Jesus is holy and He cast out demons out of people, because demons kept people in horrible bondage. Jesus came to wash away our sins and free us from its dark powers, not to have us dabble in it because it's considered acceptable, 'cute' and 'fun', oh and because it's an 'American tradition'. We are warned in the Bible not to have anything to do with spiritually unclean things, below are just a couple scriptures that I want to bring to light. There is no room for interpretation.

You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons. You cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons. 1 Corinthians 10:21

Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them. Ephesians 5:11

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Ephesians 6:12

But test everything; hold fast what is good. Abstain from every form of evil. 1 Thessalonians 5: 21-22

Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? 2 Corinthians 6:14


No comments:

Post a Comment