Friday, October 25, 2013

Never Think About Life or React When You're Tired or Discouraged

The title of this post said it all. This month, I received some discouraging news that hit me harder than I realized and then on top of it I got sick, but the illness was so subtle that I didn't realize that I was sick until this morning. I was hit with discouraging news in several areas of my life within a couple of weeks and I thought I was handling myself fine until two more bad things happened just this week and it just mentally exhausted me. And of course, because I pray to God everyday, I appealed to Him and asked Him why this was happening and then by His grace I rememberd to ask the following question: "What am I doing wrong?" God is perfect, He doesn't make mistakes and God orders all my steps. So it had to be me. Now...don't get me wrong, the discouraging things that happened in my life were not caused by me. But my reaction to them could've been better. I found myself overthinking everything and looking for meanings where there were no meanings. Instead of accepting that sometimes things just happen, I tried to analyze it all and determine if God was trying to tell me something. Instead of trusting God, I started to doubt everything because my world was shaken. But this morning I woke up and I realized something, I needed to take a step back and just have faith and stop looking for meaning in everything. I also remembered that I should never think about life when I was tired or unwell - it was a rule I applied for many years but forgot about it this month. So today, I will work on getting better physically and instead of overthinking about everything, I will just thank God for the day and have a hot cup of green tea with lemon and some medicine. Love you girly girls! I pray this encouraged you. 

2 comments: